You could win $30k worth of home inspections, repairs and renovations! Filtrete Brand partnered with HGTV contractor Mike Holmes on the Filtrete Healthy Home Remodel Contest to address concerns homeowners may have about potentially harmful elements in the home, such as mold, irritants and toxins.
Are you concerned about your family living in a potentially harmful home environment? A recent survey commissioned by Filtrete Brand revealed that about one in four homeowners (24 percent) currently or previously lived in a home that made them feel sick or unwell.
- Dust ceiling fans with a cloth duster. If you forget to dust them, you’ll be sending dust particles into the air every time you turn on a fan.
- Change your furnace or air filter at the start of every season. Consider a high-performance filter, which captures more than 90 percent of large airborne allergies.
- Repair leaky faucets and pipes. Molds blow around in the air both outdoors and indoors and like to grow in damp areas of your home.
- Install weather stripping to your attic’s access panel. Many attics have an access panel which can be another source of drafts.
- Fill any gaps in your foundation with expanding foam insulation. Outside air can leak in where your basement meets the house.
- Weather strip your windows and doors — even brand new ones. These openings in your walls are the greatest areas of heat loss in the home.
Please follow all rules of entry at the host’s site